As a Senior Software Engineer (VB6), you will play a pivotal role in our organization's strategic initiative to modernize and refactor our legacy VB6 codebase to the latest .NET architecture. This challenging yet crucial project is at the forefront of our efforts to align our technology with contemporary standards and enhance the usability and deployment capabilities of our product in today's dynamic business environment.
- Able to understand legacy code and its current interfaces.
- Design and plan a migration strategy either working at a function, class or process level.
- Develop in VB.Net and C# replacing legacy VB6 code.
- Change software that currently interfaces with VB6 to use the .Net Business layer. This will be a combination of VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net and Classic ASP.
- Migration from Classic ADO to ADO.Net using directly or via an ORM such as Dapper.
- Implement a testing framework to ensure we have covered the required functionality. This includes unit testing, integration testing, UI testing using playwright and manual testing.
- Use development techniques for large scale transaction application to ensure optimum performance and scalability.